Welcome to STRANDED: A NOVEL

Stranded Front FAC72

FIRST THEY HAD TO SURVIVE THE ISLAND … THEN EACH OTHER … THEN THEIR RESCUER.

All Marine Corps reservist Jake Chalmers wants is to give his dying wife a last, romantic cruise to the Philippines. Unable to save her in a mass murder aboard ship, he washes ashore an uninhabited jungle island, where he discovers three other survivors. Heartbroken that he failed to save his wife, he is determined not to fail these helpless castaways.

Federal prosecutor Eve Eriksson rescues a young girl and her elderly great-aunt from the same ship. They badly need Jake’s survival skills, but why is he so maddeningly careful? She needs to hurry home to nail a significant career trial. And, please, before Jake learns her secret that she’s responsible for his wife’s death.

Available in digital and print at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQGJBUY

And now the sequel, FORGOTTEN: A NOVEL

Available in digital and paperback at http://www.amzn.com/B01N639LXP

forgotten-front-fac-kindle

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Andy Giddens says:

Great read! Look forward to the sequel.

2. Have just finished Stranded. Wow! What a great book. Such a good story and so well written. The characters were very transparent with their good qualities and flaws and the unexpected twists and turns kept up my interest all the way through. This was one of the best books I have read since I got into reading “Christian fiction”. Well done!

I’d be interested to know if this was your first book (if so it is incredible that you have created such a wonderful book on your first go) and how the two of you work together in your writing.

God bnless you for enriching my life through Stranded.

• Thank you, Ross, your words are a great encouragement! Yes, this is our first book, and we put in a lot of time (as in years) learning “how to write” before we felt Stranded was ready to publish. Basically the way Don and I work together is that he comes up with the original story, and I write it and develop the characters and theme. Since Don is a Marine Corps reservist, you can find a plethora of marvelous details from his survival training in Stranded! The sequel will be out no later than Christmas.

3. Brenda Yeand says:

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book!!! Not often to I find myself looking for someone to tell them they’ve GOT to read this book….. This was one of those times!! By the way, did I say how much I loved this book!! One of the best books I’ve read in a long time…. so many twist and turns… surprises around every corner….totally couldn’t wait to finish it yet tried to slow down because I didin’t want it to end…. Great job! Keep ’em coming!!

4. Samantha G. says:

LOVED this book! Great job! Really looking forward to the sequel.

5. Roberta Gacsal says:

Wonderful reading I could not put the book down, you sure have a way of putting adventure into print. We have an awesome GOD. Thanks be sure to let me know when the sequel will be out

6. Lisa says:

What a great read! Get some more books out there soon. Action, reality, and provoking heart-checks. Yes. I look forward to more.

As for me I am a mssnry in an area of the world where I have seen too much of the results of war and a good escape into someone else’s action is great. Thanks for making your book available online. I can’t get them any other way.

7. Ruby says:

I couldn’t put it down. Literally stayed up all night reading! Loved it & am looking forward to much more!!

8. Judy says:

When will the sequel to stranded be available. Loved this book

9. son son jing says:

LOVED this book, cant wait for the sequel

10. Adam Kleckner says:

Looking forward to the sequel! Great book!

11. Robert Jackson says:

I enjoyed this book very much it was full of action an exciting twist. The smile on my face I have to say you should have given them a case deodorant

12. Beverly Fonokalafi says:

I cannot believe this book. It was so fantastic. It kept me so interested. I have not read a book that kept me so enthralled in years. I thank the Lord for the talent He has given you. God bless you.

13. Robert Jackson says:

Do you have other books out or do you plan on writing as another one along the same lines? If you do please advise me I would love to read more of your work.

• Hi, Robert! By November, our second book will be published. It will continue the story of the four survivors. 🙂 The best way to hear details is to sign up for our newsletter (above on upper left). Thanks for wanting to read more by us! *hug*

14. Sandy says:

This was a fantastic book! A little bloody/gory in places, but if you hadn’t made it so “Swiss Family Robinson/Robinson Crusoe,” I probably would have put it down and not finished it. I found it a little humorous that all the characters had a penchant for throwing up – multiple times. After the first four or five “vomits,” I just laughed when I came across another. And, although I understand the use of a cuss word when Jojo had Eve at the end, I still can’t understand why you’d want to use it in an otherwise good book. I gave it 4 stars just because of that. If you’re going to write Christian fiction, at least keep the vulgar language out of it. The blood and gore is more than enough! 🙂

15. Joanna Schrum says:

I was wondering if you’re still working on a sequel to Stranded? Looking so forward to one!

16. Linda ostrander says:

Great novel!I enjoyed it immensely. Please notify me of the sequel

17. Donna Farris says:

Amazing story! I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this was a Christian novel and want to thank you for that. Can’t wait to read the sequal.

18. Big HUG to you, Ruth, for liking Stranded enough you found it hard to put down! 🙂

19. Barbara says:

Loved this book. Can’t wait for the sequel

20. debbie anderson says:

I just finished my third reading of Stranded and it was just as exciting as the first time! Excited to learn there will be a sequel. Eager to read it!!

21. Patricia Barfay says:

Loved, loved the book. Looking forward to the sequel!!!!

22. Brenda Yeand says:

Is the sequel still coming out this month?

23. Mumbles says:

you never told us the name of the sequel

24. Sandy Hunter says:

I just pre-ordered mine. Can’t wait to get it.

25. I got the sequel and can’t wait to read it! I’m rereading the first one though because it’s been so long since I’ve read it. I’m really enjoying it again! I remember that somewhere you had a map of the island but I can’t find it. Can you please tell me where to find it? Blessings to you both!

26. Jane Hewitt says:

I just finished Forgotten! AMAZING!! I didn’t see how you could top Stranded but you did it! I loved how you worked the love of God and Jesus into the story and reminded me that forgiveness is for my sake not my enemies sake and that He can change even the most evil heart. Please tell me their story is not finished. Do they get together and take care of Emilio’s son? So many loose ends please tie them up for us. Love your writing and your books. Thank you for blessing me with them!

• Thank you, thank you, for writing this encouraging note to us, Jane! I’ve been worrying about how Book 2 would go over, so you have my heart rejoicing with your wonderful response! Yes, there will be a follow-up story, but, sigh, it will be at least a year. We won’t start on it until after the Christmas holidays.

27. Suzanne says:

Oh my goodness!!! Just finished Forgotten!!! There HAS To be a Book #3!!!

28. GAil Fox.....510 Willow Cir., W......Burleson, Tzx 76028 says:

Just finished Forgotton. Another wonderful read….BUT….. you just can’t stop here, leaving us hanging, especially after sweating it out with Jack in that horrible prison. I need refreshing just like Jack. It’s NOT the closure time yet.. Keep the ink well full. There are so few avenues for good Christian writers ,due to Satan’s impact on Entainmentnt,TV and the like. Looking forward to your next update and all your other writings. God bless…….Gail Fox…Burleson, TX

29. Rebecca Griffin says:

Loved it. I read STRANDED months ago. Loved it and when I found the sequel I couldn’t wait to read it. FORGOTTEN was just as great. Such an awesome reminder of God’s grace and mercy He freely offers to man. I can’t wait to see how life unfolds for them as they continue to live their lives.

30. Sharon Campbell says:

Absolutely loved this book , wished I had read Stranded first .s.

31. Cheral says:

Just finished Stranded and felt like I’d just had to say goodbye to my best friends. Yay, to find out about the sequel. God bless you guys richly for providing such a great Christian read, what a blessing I got from it. Enjoyed the lessons too. Can’t wait to ask my boss to buy it too! Big Love, from Cheral from South Africa.

32. carylkane says:

Sounds like a great series! 🙂

33. Mike says:

Hi Stephanie,

Loved the books. When will we see book 3?

Mike

34. Lauren says:

Wow. Just Wow! Easily one of the best books I’ve ever read! Every single page was amazing and thrilling! You have such a talent and are being used of God! How I wish I could afford your sequel! One day soon, I hope. Keep on writing 🙂 God bless you both!

35. teresam61 says:

Wow….great book!!! I could hardly put it down! I too felt like I was on the island…..and crawling through that hideous tunnel……being squeezed by that wretched python…..such vivid imagery. Looking forward to reading the sequel.

36. Irma Flores says:

Hi Stephanie and Don, I just finished reading Stranded and absolutely loved it. I couldn’t wait till I had a chance to read! The storyline was great and totally different from any book I’ve read. Your descriptions of events, smell, emotions, etc. were so detailed it was like watching a movie! Ya’ll make a great team and keep up the good work.

37. Maureen says:

Please write another book for the ending

38. Greta says:

Best two mystery/romance books ever, so glad a number three is in the works.

39. Sandy Hunter says:

I did not know a number 3 was in the works. That is good to hear. I think I might need to read the second one again to be reminded of what happened. The old memory isn’t what it used to be. I have enjoyed these books.

• Hi, Sandy! Oh ya, I know what you mean about the old memory not being what it used to be! Yes, Book #3 is in the works but is sorta limping along right now. It will be out in 2018, but no idea at this time as to what month.

40. Beth says:

Both books were an absolute delight to read, and I am thrilled that there will be a Book 3! Thank you for weaving Biblical truth throughout such exciting stories. I was challenged in my Christian walk by the spiritual struggles and victories of the characters. May God bless, guide, and give you wisdom as you continue your writing.

• Thanks for your kind words, Beth! We love it when readers are challenged by the Biblical truth woven into our stories. Our hope and prayer is to glorify God through our books, and we appreciate your encouragement.

41. igniteheart says:

Just finished Stranded, well done! I didn’t know that the book had a spiritual undertone but was drawn in because of it. Thank you for a look into Jake’s, Eve’s, Betty’s and Crystal’s ordeal. Most of us won’t find ourselves Stranded on a remote island but may in our lives feel as if we are. So human, so in need of God. Great story!

• Oh, how true that there are those desperate moments in life when we feel “stranded,” cut off from God’s loving care! Thank you for that wonderful insight into our book! Our second book, FORGOTTEN, follows our four rescued castaways back home, if you’re interested in finding out what happens to them. 🙂

42. Gary says:

Well, it’s better to do it right then to rush it out… My daughter and I are waiting impatiently 😀

43. Kathi says:

I loved both of your books. I am looking forward to number 3 🙂

44. Colleen Hunnell says:

Loved both books and can’t wait for the sequel. Is there any way to be notified when the next book will be out!

• A big hug to you, Colleen, for loving our books! The best way to be notified when our next book will be out is to sign up for our newsletter here on our website. I suspect it may be as late as Christmas 2018, though. 😦