Looking for discussion questions on Stranded?
1. Here are some questions you can use. They are open-ended with no “correct” answer. In the Comment section below, please feel free to add other questions you discussed in your book club—and how the meeting went, if you’d like! ☺
- What one thing would you take with you if you were to be stranded on an island?
- What would be the hardest part of survival for you?
- Who was your favorite character, and why?
- Of the three “villains” in the story—Captain Emilio, Jojo, and Danny Romero—which would you flee from the fastest?
- Jake, Eve, Betty, and Crystal struggled with different abandonment issues. What were they?
- A professional suggested Ginny be given a flaw such as nagging or even adultery in order to make it more acceptable to the reader that Jake could fall in love with another woman. Do you agree?
- How did you feel about the Jake-Eve romance?
- In Stranded, the authors featured God’s sovereignty as one of His divine character qualities. How did each character respond to it initially and by the end of the book?
- Discuss how any of these themes played out in the story: justice, family, father, purity/chastity, loyalty, etc.
- In what different ways was the gospel interwoven into the story?
- In literature, a symbol is usually a material object that represents something abstract. What are some possibilities for what the Lone Soldier symbolized?
- How did each castaway change by the end of the story?
- At the end of the book, a few ends were left untied. Did these bother you?
- What did you especially like about the story? Not like (shame on you)?
2. Below are ten blog sites where Don and/or Stephanie were interviewed. They are good sources for biographical information and for learning how Don and Stephanie worked together as co-authors (can you believe they’re still happily married?).
Would love your newsletter! Loved the book!
Delighted that you loved it, Sheila! You saw where to sign up for the newsletter, right?
Awesome story, fabulous read! Thank you!!! My husband bought me the 1st book, ‘Stranded’ and I couldn’t put it down … sacrificed sleep to keep reading with no problem at all … and then I was blessed at the end with the name of this sequel … oh wow!!! I bugged my husband while filling him in on the story until he found it for me. It only took me a day to read it … even though I sacrificed more sleep … (again, no problem at all)!!! I loved the suspense, the different settings throughout both books and most of all I loved the characters!!! This was my first time reading the Prichard’s novels and they have been elevated to the top on my favorites list. So again I say … Thank you and keep them coming!!!!!
Big hug to you for your kudos and sleepless nights, Joni! Wow, what a privilege to be at the top of your favorites list! 🙂 And thank you for posting a comment for Forgotten on Amazon–it’s a public pat on the back for us and hopefully encourages more readers too. Blessings!